Disabled Wheelchair Vehicles Walsall
Looking for a WAV in West Midlands? Tel: 0800 634 2822
Start your search for a WAV – Click Here!
You can also request a free brochure, home demonstration or photos of the Wheelchair Accessible vehicles you’re interested in, sent by email to yourself, by using the online form above right or by complete this online search form.
Buy, Hire or sell, domestic, commercial, NHS, care homes, mini buses, cars, vans and charities at Disabled Wheelchair Vehicles Walsall.
- If you suffer from severe arthritis, stiff joints, weakness, pain and are wheelchair bound but still wish to drive you could consider having a WAV that is fitted with primary and secondary car controls. You would then need to have a pedal guard fitted to ensure your feet do not interfere with the pedals.
- If the control and strength in your legs is not good, more brake assistance can be added in order to reduce the required effort.
- If your right leg is more affected than the left, you can have a flip-up left foot accelerator installed.
- If you need advice further advice on this, Disabled Wheelchair Vehicles Walsall staff will be happy to discuss your personal requirements, and it is also worthwhile getting in touch with your local Mobility Centre.
Wheelchair adapted car
If you have definitely decided on the purchase of a Wheelchair adapted car, further points to consider are:
- Think about the future. Will what suits you now, be suitable for your needs next year or the year after?
- If you take a test drive do so when you are feeling tired and least able, not first thing in the morning when you are feeling more able to cope.
- Take advice but make sure you get want you want and need yourself.
- Try as many controls as you are able.