Disabled Vehicles Fareham
Adaptations for disabled vehicles fareham can be permanent or substantial
To qualify as an adapted vehicle for VAT exemption the adaptations must have been done before the vehicle is supplied to you and include the following:
- Adaptations enabling the disabled person to drive e.g. hand controls, push-pull accelerator and brake and any other aid that operates the driving controls.
- A swivel seat.
- A hoist that lifts the wheelchair into or out of the vehicle.
- An infrared control for operating the secondary controls.
- A wheelchair box fitted to the top or back of the vehicle.
Adaptations for disabled vehicles fareham can be permanent or substantial. A permanent adaptation would generally require bolting or welding to the vehicle and can be used for as long as it is required. A substantial adaptation enables the disabled person to use the vehicle that was not possible before the adaptation.
The following do not qualify as eligible adaptations:
- Automatic transmission fitting
- The fitting of a standard roof box or a roof rack
- The attachment of a trailer to the vehicle