Disabled Vehicles Fareham
To qualify as an adapted vehicle for VAT exemption the adaptations must have been done before the vehicle is supplied to you and include the following:
- Adaptations enabling the disabled person to drive e.g. hand controls, push-pull accelerator and brake and any other aid that operates the driving controls.
- A swivel seat.
- A hoist that lifts the wheelchair into or out of the vehicle.
- An infrared control for operating the secondary controls.
- A wheelchair box fitted to the top or back of the vehicle.
Adaptations for disabled vehicles fareham can be permanent or substantial. A permanent adaptation would generally require bolting or welding to the vehicle and can be used for as long as it is required. A substantial adaptation enables the disabled person to use the vehicle that was not possible before the adaptation.
The following do not qualify as eligible adaptations:
- Automatic transmission fitting
- The fitting of a standard roof box or a roof rack
- The attachment of a trailer to the vehicle