Disabled wheelchair cars Eastbourne
Large enough vehicle and fairly good mobility and dexterity for your disabled wheelchair car Eastbourne
If you drive yourself and plan to use the ramp on your own you will need to:
- Firstly remove the ramp, fit it into position and then also store it away afterwards.
- Once you have stowed your wheelchair you will need to get to the driver’s seat.
- Always make sure there is sufficient room to store the ramp once the wheelchair is inside the vehicle.
- Secure the ramp to make sure is doesn’t move about whilst you are driving. This is usually done using pins that slot into locating holes drilled into the floor of the vehicle.
- To check that the side guards are high enough so that your wheelchair doesn’t fall off and that they don’t catch underneath your chair when you are going up the ramp.
- To leave enough room behind your disabled wheelchair car Eastbourne for the entire length of the ramp and the length of your wheelchair. Ramps need to be fairly long so that the slope is not too steep.